Monday, July 27, 2020

Think Sharp, Party Nimbus's


What a party! We're all still sliding out, thoughts slamming into each other--we've been in that spiral for as long as I can remember.  Hey! Hey! More spin!

We dream about it, our heads bumping ceiling, faces iced into cliffs, thoughts zooming through each other. Even you, down there, can seem 'em--but this post-party disorder, the sharp and bright edges, melts. Thoughts drop--damn--not always direct.

I was speeding up, ready to slam into my best friend and I was trying to get that thought right into his head first so we could bunch up on another group...when it slammed into some metal box and I just rained briefly on some tiny pond down there.

Mist! Pun for the win. Pun for the funny...

But all that potential laughter slammed into my ragged self and now I'm gonna bunch spin them all. There's enough heat to twirl us into that line of mush just below the city. We're gonna rain on that traffic. Woo!

This ridiculous bit is dedicated to my mom, who was startled by a nearby transformer that was exploded by a stray thunderbolt, setting part of a fence on fire. Everything turned out okay--the power is back on, the transformer is being thoroughly mitigated, and the fence survived. But that stray bolt...it just tripped a thought. Also, maybe I'm a little jealous of clouds swanning around the Texas coast. ;) 

-- Chrissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment