Sunday, May 10, 2020

Tigers. :)


A Response is Born

Are you sure you've cleaned it,
Removed all the dirt that clings 
To fur and skin?
Are you sure I've cleaned it,
Removed all the dirt that clings
To you?

My warning fills the spaces
Where the new might be
Keeping it safe. Are you
Brave enough to take it?

Can you smell the blood
Needed to keep all the pieces
Knit together, moving
From the air and through 
The thicker places, washing
Behind the eyes and 
Within the walls of the ears?

Have you considered 
That I could crush you
Before you spoke?

Everything that vibrates, amplifies.

Keep it warm in the warning,
If you can't keep it small,
Silent.

It's one of the last cool weekends of the season and, in between airing out the house, there's always the temptation to start a new project...which will promptly eat the previous one. It's a bit of an ouroboros, but there's nothing like a hoop of snakes to keep you moving. Right? Anyway, hoping this begins a great week for everyone! :) 

Happy Mother's Day! 

-- Chrissa

10 comments:

  1. "Everything that vibrates, amplifies" That could be a purr or a roar! I sense that there isn't just a cleaning but of a washing away. (I have no idea why but as I was reading I suddenly remembered sitting in the tub as a kid and my mom trying to wash off a birthmark I have on my knee... some things just can't wash off!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a wisdom that both warns and whispers within the lines. This is a glorious poem Chrissa. I especially love, My warning fills the spaces
    Where the new might be
    Keeping it safe. Happy Mother's Day to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully comforting words with a just a hint of the dangerous. Not an easy task. You did it excellently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ... an excellent write. Last three lines overwhelmed me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Are you sure you've cleaned it"
    (It's you I like to lick.) Just like a kitten or a puppy, the mama tiger loves her baby, and some one who will sit still for the ordeal.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eee, crush you before you spoke? Run, as soon as you're able, little one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Keep it warm in the warning,
    If you can't keep it small,
    Silent." Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crushing made me nervous for the cub, smiles. But i know cubs love the feel of a mother's tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How I love this! Childless, my poem is about the creation of poetry, and I sense here a kindred spirit. Courage as you move forward, daring to reach into all the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You’ve captured the warmth and danger of the animal world.

    ReplyDelete