Sunday, September 1, 2019

Captain, Why?

Photography by Svetlana Belyaeva click HERE for website.

I've made myself
walk the plank,
Leap--

Let the ocean rise to meet me
Let the land rush beneath to the sands
I believe the plastic will catch me
We have built a new continent
A safety-coated landmass
Of bath toys...we've always
Been afraid of the water
Even when it was us.

I've made myself 
walk the plank,
Leap!

Sharing this week with The Sunday Muse & inspired by Ms. Belyaeva's lovely image, above...there's more joy in the image than the poem, I think. It's been a long time since I did something for the reckless joy of the fall. :)

-- Chrissa

6 comments:

  1. I love the beauty of the rush of risk in the beginning that leads to the safe and true reality and then still a leap at the end. I fell off a slide near the top once when I was a child and since I have been afraid of heights and falling. It knocks the air right out of you and the feeling of the fall is worse than in a roller coaster. So yes, reckless abandonment is not my thing....not when it comes to leaping. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made myself walk the plank... facing fear head on even though "we've always / been afraid of the water" I love how the water rises to meet you rather than let you fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image of a continent made of plastic we've fed into the ocean is so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plastic landmass - our new creation. Ugh. I like how you leap and expect the water to catch you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Chrissa! A leap onto a mass of plastic. That will keep you afloat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes we just have to make the leap..Love this!

    ReplyDelete