Sunday, April 4, 2021

The Origin of Mercy

 


Slink down to the edge of the world, 
too heavy;
The sky may want to vaunt you
But the earth? She has granite
melting in her heart.
She will show you softness--
it will be your own.

Happy Easter to those who are celebrating! We are still awaiting vaccination and therefore spending the day putting together a porch picnic of ham sandwiches, deviled eggs, and potato salad for ourselves and the pups. It would be awesome to see a rabbit, but...no thickets. Maybe a stray squirrel on the fence? It's the fourth of the month and, so far, I've been sticking to my daily American Sentence for NaPoWriMo. I'm slowly edging back into the weekly poetry writing (the NaPoWriMo stuff is more a way to use a new journal than the poems; I've been stress buying journals the more the writing hasn't been happening) and so...yea! New beginnings. 

-- Chrissa

10 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Chrissa. Stay Safe. Thanks for dropping by my blog today

    (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first reactions .. a sigh exhale .. and an Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with Helen. Enjoy your picnic day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ham and potato salad are as inviting as your words. Have a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "But the earth? She has granite / melting in her heart." - Excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I third Helen's comment!! Here is to new beginnings my friend! Hope your picnic was wonderful! It sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see, from a distance, the melting granite on my shortcut way to China.
    Glad you could enjoy your Easter meal. We too had deviled eggs, three, one each for daughter who brought them, one each for Mrs. Jim and me, from our local Whole Foods store. Also everything for chili dogs with cheese. Mrs. Jim had made from Mom's potato salad recipe a two pies. I furnished from my stash sauerkraut. Pool not up yet from the freeze, awaiting parts. We had it running but during two days and 30 minutes with no power pipes and a valve froze to breaking condition.
    ..

    ReplyDelete