Saturday, April 10, 2021

As Blood

 Sharing with The Sunday Muse for Muse #155



I thought about writing, I thought about 
calling
I thought about folding screams into
silence:
There's no color that bleeds into this
paper
So it'll have to fly me and all the words
I have
as blood into the wordstream.

Let's say that the only thing important about today is the sunlight picking out the new blooms: the roses are budding out orange, the clovers are yellow, and there are some weeds tucked up against the foundation hanging purple bells in the rose's shadows. It's spring. And we're still at home. 

-- Chrissa


11 comments:

  1. “blood into the wordstream” … fascinating phrase Chrissa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your notes are always as wonderful as your poems ... this one is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I thought about writing, I thought about / calling" - well played! And that last line is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay Safe
    Happy Sunday

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  5. You folded it all up and threw us a magnificent paper dart of a poem here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is full with feelings we can all relate to my friend. Magnificent and I too love how your notes compliment and touch us with your amazing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The medium is the massage, as the man once said!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still locked up we have to do what we can.
    JadeLi@tao-talk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice, nice, Chrissa. I love the weed flowers, our state flower, the Blue Bonnets, are weeds. Also many thistles, even the noxious ones, have pretty flowers. Mrs. Jim doesn't want me to plant some in her flower bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ''I thought about folding screams into silence'' - and the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many lines to love in this poem.. "folding screams into silence" "So it'll have to fly me and all the words I have as blood into the wordstream." Your talent with language is amazing.

    ReplyDelete