Tuesday, March 23, 2021

NaPoWriMo April!

 


I was inspired by an unexpected comment to participate in NaPoWriMo this April. For me, this means writing a (short!) poem a day, every day, this April inspired by our backyard. This April will mark a year of staying at home and I was looking at photos earlier and realized that I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Last year made home more of a haven that it's been in some time--it forced me to think about what I wasn't doing, to evaluate what I've been doing, and to consider what part of that I want back, and what I just don't. There's also the part where I completely lost trust in the social system. 

So...this year, I'm going to consider the dandelions, the clover, the cardinals, the roses, the bees, the rips and the tears and see what poems sneak through. I've already selected the notebook that matches my poetryasaur and we'll see how it goes. 

Also--I'm working on a Camp NaNo project at the same time, but that's a topic for another post. 

-- Chrissa

1 comment:

  1. You know, I got a new notebook as an early birthday gift. And I think I will follow in your footsteps. I totally shouldn't--since I'm super busy--but it just feels sooo right. 😁

    ReplyDelete