Saturday, February 20, 2021

Slide

 


It was empty; wood floors varnish slick
You could turn up the volume 
Slide across the surface like a video

Walls caught you
Limbs caught you

Now--it's empty again, walls
Whiter where the sunlight 
Slides across their face like a video

Chiaroscuro once,
Chiaroscuro twice

Lay the memories out, wrap them
Like the final clinch
Before the click as the lights come up

So. This past week has been--for us--less bad than for others. However. Fine has a finite tensile strength and the fraying has begun. I may take a break for a few weeks and see if things get better. 

I hope you have an excellent week and the words run fizzy as champagne. Cheers and good wishes!

-- Chrissa



8 comments:

  1. Breaks every now and then are good .... you certainly left us with one doozy of a spectacular poem! Wow oh Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly understand the fraying! Sometimes things do look better from a distance! You left us with a great poem, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Chiaroscuro once,
    Chiaroscuro twice" - very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so loving this poem my friend! I do understand the need for a break. I am feeling those same feelings. This last week was draining in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent piece. Love the poetry in the footnote as well: “Fine has a finite tensile strength and the fraying has begun.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes me imagine all that has gone on in this room. Hope you feel the fraying mending soon.
    JadeLi@tao-talk

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to have an empty, of humans, gym floor. Chiaroscuro, I have had cataract surgery ten days ago in my left eye, with the right scheduled for Thursday. I am seeing the light rays so well, the blues are beautiful, the lettering is crisp. Chiaroscuro again!
    I hope you will forgive me today, I was practicing writing, bad job though, Gothic Fiction Poetry.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. A room with tales to tell!
    A break can be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete