Sunday, December 8, 2019

Angels

I've been chasing angels
Whirling, crashing angels
Flying sharp across the ground

I've been chasing angels
Scraping through the grass
Come out, come out, they call

The angels crinkle
Underneath my claws
Still chasing, still flying

And I leap
And I pounce
And I bite

Such a serious looking kitten. :) Sharing today with The Sunday Muse and Poets United. The latter half of this week has found me more or less flat on my back for long stretches as I try to recover from a little bit of impatience earlier in the week (lesson learned--just wait for help, don't lift in annoyance), so this will be short. 

Me, recovering from my own stupidity
Hope your week will be creative and festive! :)

--Chrissa



14 comments:

  1. Charming pussy cat games๐Ÿ˜Š

    Happy Sunday Chrissa

    Much✏love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of this sweet kitty chacing angels! This is a delightful poem Chrissa! Oh and yes he has such a serious look on his face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved cats! Happy Sunday, Chrissa ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lighthearted predator story here. Nicely done. I hope you recover from your impatience ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very angelic cat and poem. ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see it pouncing........I resonate with trying to lift too heavy things without help. I hope your pain eases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's busy work chasing angels! I love, love, love the tone. It feels very kitten-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He has serious kitty stuff to do! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats have always been the true rulers of this world haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chasing angels can be a difficult task

    ReplyDelete
  11. get well soon. next time get the cats do the lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angels, huh? My cats always loved to play with the fairies, and i think the fairies delighted in playing with them. I bet the angels enjoy this little kitty, too.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kittens and angels - a cool combination!
    I hope you are feeling better, Chrissa.

    ReplyDelete