Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Five Lines



It's the green of the water and the small water lilies in the center
I imagine my arms stretched out, my body a dark arrow in dim water
The cool bars of shadow, safety; the silent liquid, home and skin
I imagine myself frog, the way I first learned to swim
Legs and arms bending and shoving, pulling me down and through

Sharing with The Sunday Muse--for Wednesday. There is no theme-i-ness here...only I had one of those I'd-rather-be-in-a-pool-this-morning moods. :) Also, the picture is not referenced in the five lines...I just like it. 

-- Chrissa

7 comments:

  1. This makes me want to be in the pool to Chrissa! The frog is the way I swim now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I never learned to swim. I live the description in this, I imagine myself frog....what a wonderful way to learn to swim. I want a hot day now, to walk around in the pool and make frog noises. Thank you for posting today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned to swim when I was 50. I suppose I look more frog like than graceful while doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swim like a brick . . . lol
    Loved this one, Chrissa, five beautiful lines . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I'm chuckling with delight at the comments, and the associations of "frog" in the water and learning to swim ... I suppose we all learn that way, but I remember my "bumblebee" flotation device more than feeling awkward in water, - I was a natural to swimming so can't honestly say I ever felt like a frog - but I think now, I'd be more than happy to drop into water and pretend I was a frog. It would do this tired heart so much good.

    wonderful 5 line poem - it definitely makes me long for a wonderful dip on a hot summer's day, which is most certainly a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this, Chrissa. I wish I could swim like a frog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every sensation delicious, the new images your words pop into the mind, and the memories they help swim into the conscious. I, too, was a frog... a loved it... and miss it...

    ReplyDelete