Sunday, April 8, 2018

Bleed the Wires/A New Sphere


When they shatter the glass
When they connect the field
When they bleed electrons into the street
I will carry them
Into the wire
Into the glass
Into the cable

They have shattered the glass
They have melted it thin; buried it
They have animated the world
For touch, yours, mine
Along the wire
Under the glass
In a new ether

What will your bread be now?
What will be crushed for your wine?
What will you whisper
Into the mike
Beneath the tongue
Into my tower?

How shall I answer when I...
I--a thousand desires of I--
...
Angels sing.
Wires sing.
...

In every wrist,
Vault,
Wall,
Sewer,
and skull
So shall I.

The following was inspired by The Sunday Muse The Muse #1 and also linked to Poets United for Poetry Pantry #398.

13 comments:

  1. That was very nice. Thanks.
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting read this was. Nice to see you at Poets United. Keep coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewer and skull seem to go well together. I want to hear what is spoken into the mike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. there is much to take from this... very thought provoking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if you are writing of cell phones and the resulting availability of "I" everywhere.
    If so, that is why I have a very basic model that does virtually nothing and is used little.
    I much prefer real-life encounters.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of cell phones & the way I tend to 'disappear' into devices. I'm trying to not be That Person. :)

      Delete
  6. An enigmatic piece; a joy to read that set my mind thinking, isn't that what poetry is about?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought provoking and - yes - as Julian says, enigmatic. A little bit eerie, but fun to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the questions in this C! Simply breathtaking! Such a wonderful take on the photo. You have such a creative spirit that flows in your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it a scary scenario, even though the statue seemed to be of an angel. And very convincingly written!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eerie and fun, even if it was ostensibly about cell phones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love your story poems and enjoy it much more now than when poems were required reading. It is also neat to see the different takes on the picture.

    ReplyDelete