Sunday, June 30, 2019

You Think I've Come in Judgment


Breathe the rhythm in the world
I've been walking through it, a pair of lungs
For centuries
And you think I've come to
Weigh you, but these scales I've got
I use to breathe

Posting with the Sunday Muse and Poets United. It's been a bit of  a drenched weekend here in almost-coastal, definitely swampy Texas and I've been reading avidly, catching up on the 1001 first chapters downloaded and thinking about snap judgments regarding titles, book summaries, and the like and preparing for Camp Nanowrimo (starting tomorrow--working on a poetry/short story collaboration)...which means that there's a jumble of other people's words in my brain and I, too, need to cover my ears and listen for the chords I'm trying to make. 

-- Chrissa

17 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Chrissa, especially the closing lines. Hope you have a productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, woman. See, it's lines like these that make me keep coming back to poetry. Succinct, original, apt, perfect.

    I know i gush regularly when I come here but your work deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite original, great use of weigh and scales. Best of luck on all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This poem leaves me breathless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how music should be...
    The breathing and that end is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! Short and awesome … thus: sublimely … memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely poem. It combines perfectly with the picture.
    You're a busy, creative woman. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like what this says about perception (of self of others). Meaning dances with experience and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful piece Chrissa, I love the line "Breathe the rhythm in the world"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous poem. Keep breathing! All the best for the Camp and collaboration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome piece of writing. breath-taking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah yes, always its better to come in peace, leaving footprints of love
    Thanks for dropping by my sumie Sunday. Have a good week

    Much❤🕊❤love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is incredibly gorgeous, Chrissa!💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  14. To many music is life, and this captures that amazingly! Love love love this Chrissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your ending, Chrissa! Good luck with all your projects.

    ReplyDelete