Sunday, July 1, 2018

I Am Led


I am led, though the path has been shaken from the forest's back
The stumps of the thin trees have emerged--boars sniffing the wind
For the smoke. The forest is running. I am led by the trampled paths of
Boar and deer in the haze of dimness blooming like algae above us
Dropping the old signs from their backs and unspooling temporal rings--
Smoke rings take life from grass to stone, through bitter dust blowing
Through the conch shell passage of my sinuses until I am singing
A path for the forest as it rises, running, the opossums making handprints
In the dirty blue sky like notes in the staves from which we hang
Primate notes running with the forest down the snapping tension
Lines that I read like the letters broken from the branches rising
Before me, great antlers tearing from the skin of the world
Boars running madness through the ashen fields
Shaking the clay from their bristles for the hands of the opossums
For the notes that sound in my nostrils, for the new paths
Down which I am led.

This was inspired by The Sunday Muse Muse #12 and is being shared with Poets United Poetry Pantry #409. This week I'm hoping to do a few posts inspired by the sermon that I heard while visiting my parents--at their church, not from them :) --about remembrance and places that are special to you. Also, Camp NaNo begins this week, so a big cheer to all of my fellow Nanoers! Yea!!! Your will project will be awesome! :) Best wishes for a week of good adventures,
-- Chrissa

17 comments:

  1. Chrissa, this is an engrossing, intriguing and powerful poem. Love the wonderful imagery, love the boar running through the poem, the smoke, the thin trees, the wind.........and the great antkers tearing from the skin of the world.......this has an apocalyptic feel to it, but that might just be me. It is an amazing read, and I really loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've had the boars on my mind & I was...glad?...to let them out. :)

      Delete
  2. What beautiful writing. I feel as if I am 'traveling' with you. Sort of a dreamlike state. Beautifully penned with lots of intricate details.

    ReplyDelete

  3. An impactful, mesmeric piece. Beautiful lines - you paint the scene with such eloquence. Brilliant writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The image of the forest running will stay with me for a while. I can't help wondering where it's going... and what it will find when it gets there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The world in upheaval, turned upside down. I feel like I as being chased in a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow.. that sense of fire and the forest running with all its creatures is riveting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The image of the forest fire brings me back to the nightmarish movies I saw as a kid. The feeling of being trapped in those flames is such a great metaphor for what I feel is on the verge of happening around the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't be the only one who grew up on the Saturday afternoon disaster flick :)

      Delete
  8. My goodness this is good! Such vivid and intense imagery ..I felt like I could almost picture it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sensed the apocalyptic feel too, the forest running from the rage of the flame. Beautifully done, you led me there.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a magnificent journey this is Chrissa! I love every line and the imagery took me right there with you. A truly breathtaking write! A new favorite for me of yours!!

    ReplyDelete