Sunday, November 10, 2019

Conjure Path

Photography by Sarolta Ban
View website HERE

A master's garbled voice uprooting the thinner stumps
Music swells like acorns in the crackle of the leaves
Let the deer be silent as the old rebirth squeals.

Beneath the waxy spirals we have found the conjure path
Slip up, down, contrary; wake the boars by the nose
Or settle anxious hooves upon the softer grass.

You can't see the land or the slope spun underneath.

Thanks to Carrie & The Sunday Muse for the wonderful prompt for this week's poem which I am also linking to Poets United Pantry of Poetry and Prose #3 And it's Sunday, so it's time to take stock of the previous week's writing. I am on track for my NaNoWriMo project and yet...completely frustrated. Although I enjoy the community of writers that NaNo brings, I'm not competing for a word count or intending upon something that is immediately consumed at the end of the month. This story is something that has to grow steadily, as makes sense for my longer writing in general. As a result, I'm finding the emphasis on word count and on working faster than I normally do is getting under my skin. This is far from a bad thing--it lets me know that my writing has changed over the years as I've started a more consistent practice. While I'm always up for a small group of friends meeting to reinforce each other's productivity, I'm not social enough for large gatherings and competition over extreme word count. Looking forward to seeing where I am toward the end of November--will there be a beginning, middle, and end to rework?

-- Chrissa

16 comments:

  1. This is a magic read... I can really feel the power of music, yet the master's voice leaves me wondering who (and why) such power over deer and boar is needed.

    Mesmerizing

    ReplyDelete
  2. "settle anxious hooves upon the softer grass". There is a peacefulness in this image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, your observation of the world around you is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "the conjure path" and feel those anxious hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!❤️ This is incredibly penned, Chrissa. I love; "Music swells like acorns in the crackle of the leaves."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like wake the boars by nose and hooves of soft grass. Kind of wild and enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, let there be a conjure path! I love this poem, Chrissa. Enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful word crafting in this. 'You can't see the land or the slope spun underneath': an intriguing close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is magical and lovely Chrissa! The imagery is brilliant and took me down that conjured path.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This feels like the beginning of a story I'd love to read. The magic here is so intriguing.

    I'm doing an informal NaNoWriMo thing, just as a way to motivate me to start one of the novels that has been kicking around in the back of my head (the others will have to wait their turn). I am not focusing on word count but time, understanding this is going to drag on into December, January, etc...until I am done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to the conjure path!

    I only did NaNo once (not being much of a fiction writer) just to have the experience. It was a very strange experience! I think it's perfectly fine to use it in your own way for your own purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the thought of a squealing rebirth, especially this time of year, when the chill overcomes all else and spring is not even a whisper of a sprout.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Beneath the waxy spirals we have found the conjure path" Oh, I love that line

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your first line Chrissa, A master's garbled voice uprooting the thinner stumps", it sets the stage for perhaps more sinister things to come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete